Friday, October 25, 2013

The Dune



Learning new stitch gives a thrill specially when it comes out very pretty like this tote I call "The Dune" it is like the Mohave desert, it also creates an illusion (the way I look at it). I call this spiky SC, is made on a row of 5 SC, in any chain amount in multiple of 5 (50,45,50,60,65 etc) build a row of 5, load new yarn and make the longest SC, going downward, pulling up a loop.


 For a base, I used red heart yarn super saver, it creates a very stiff piece.




 I want to make my project ultimately pretty by adding lining. There are many tutorials on how to make lining in You Tube, you can find one that you find useful. Before working the lining, I put a golden trimming to the lid of the bag, complimenting the middle section.




 One more exciting thing about this stitch, you can also do in Tunisian stitch, still, in multiple of 5 plus 1(11,16,21,26 etc.) and again, building a row of 6, so you will do a pass and forward 6 times, the best thing to learn it is watch video.



  
 This is the video in regular crochet






No comments: